Below, we’ve provided three long essay questions to complete as part of our full-length AP World History practice exam. You only need to answer one LEQ on the free response section of the exam — but responding to more than one practice question may be helpful for your LEQ AP World History test prep.
Evaluate the impact of the trans-Saharan trade routes on the exchange of goods, cultures, and ideas in Africa and the Islamic world during the period c. 1200–1750.
Analyze the role of trade networks in shaping societies and economies during this era.
Compare and contrast the effects of European imperialism in Asia and Africa during the period c. 1450–1900.
Examine the motives behind European colonialism, the methods used to establish and maintain control, and the long-term consequences for colonized regions.
Analyze the impact of the Industrial Revolution on global economic and social developments from c. 1750–2001.
Consider the changes in production methods, urbanization, labor systems, and their effects on different regions of the world.
Select one of the three above questions to answer. When responding, you should do the following:
- Read the prompt carefully and ensure you understand what is being asked.
- Spend 5-10 minutes planning and outlining your essay. This will aid in organizing your thoughts and arguments.
- Write your essay in a clear and concise manner. Use evidence from the given documents or outside knowledge to support your thesis.
- Make sure to address all parts of the question.
- Proofread your essay for clarity, grammar, and coherence.
After completing your own essay response, use the buttons below to navigate to the corresponding example response and evaluate what makes up a perfect essay on the AP World History Exam.